Thursday, September 24, 2009
If you are a Lost fan, these numbers are significant to you. Something recently occurred to me: All of Hurley's "cursed" numbers (that he used to win the lottery, and were later seen on the hatch) have been retired by the Yankees. 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. Lost has also mentioned the Red Sox several times, including that they won the 2004 World Series.
Does the whole mystery of Lost revolve around the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry? Could Jacob and the unnamed man in black represent the two teams? Is it all some sort of bet between the two characters? Does The Curse of the Bambino factor into this somehow? Good vs. Evil? New York vs. Boston? Jeter vs. Pedroia? DiMaggio vs. Williams? Tiant vs. El Duque?
The upcoming Season 6, scheduled to start in Feb. 2010, is to be the final season of Lost, and everything will be answered then. Meanwhile, I will look for more clues.
FYI, here are the numbers, and the players who wore them:
4 Lou Gehrig
8 Yogi Berra, Bill Dickey
15 Thurman Munson
16 Whitey Ford
23 Don Mattingly
42 Jackie Robinson (retired throughout MLB in honor of Robinson. Mariano Rivera currently wears the number for the Yankees, but it will be retired in his honor also when his playing days are over.)
I searched Lostpedia to see if anyone else made the connection to the Yankees, and they did.
UPDATE: Then there's this:
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Wednesday, September 09, 2009
In honor of all the excitement surround the release of the Beatles Rock Band (as well as the remastered Cds in stereo and mono), I made a Beatles quiz for you.
1) Name the drummer who filled in for Ringo when he had tonsillitis on the 1964 tour?
2) Yoko has a daughter from her first marriage. What is her name? Hint: She says it in the beginning of "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)."
3) Name the "grandchildren on your knee" in the song "When I'm 64."
4) What are the only words in "Why Don't We Do It In the Road" besides Why don't we do it in the road?
5) Where and when did John and Paul meet?
6) From whom did John get the idea for the song "She Said She Said"? Hint: It was during an LSD trip, and this person kept saying "I know what it's like to be dead."
7) Who was the oldest Beatle?
8) What was the name of the mutual friend who introduced John and Paul?
9) In which airport did the Beatles land when they arrived for their historic first trip to America?
10) What five songs did the Beatles perform on their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show (Feb. 9, 1964)?