Followers

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

"Into the Sunset" Excerpt

I’ve decided to take a break from sending out query letters for my second novel, ”Like I’ve Never Been Born”, at least so I can re-work the query letter. I still think this is the book that will get me an agent. Meanwhile, I just revised my first novel, the comedy ”Into the Sunset”. I revamped my query letter for it and plan to send it to the agent for an author I admire. I will post the rejection when it arrives. Here is the opening paragraph of my novel ”Into the Sunset”:

Spring 2004
Chapter 1: Retiring Personality


“You’re an old man stuck in a young man’s body.” My ex-girlfriend Cindy once said this to me during one of our routine verbal skirmishes. I don’t remember what led her to make that claim, and, because I basically agreed with the assessment, I couldn’t really argue the point. But I did anyway. That’s what she and I did so well together—argue. Now, sitting in my car just before finally embarking on my master plan, I realized she may have been right; or maybe she had just planted the seed. What came first, the chicken or the egg? Either way, here I was. A young man in an old man’s body. Literally.

1 comment:

SusanD said...

Don, this sounds so good! I can't wait to read this book!